Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission(CySec) is the primary regulating body in Cyprus ,playing major role in the supervision ,authorization and monitoring of Cyprus Investment Firms (CIFs).Other international authorities include but are not limited to
- Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) formerly known as (FSA)
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC),
- Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (Bafin),
- Banque de France ,
- Comision Nacional del Mercado de Valores (CNMV)
- Commissione Nazionale per le Societa e la Borsa (CONSOB)
- Authority for Financial Markets(AFM),
- And other
In order for a company to qualify as an Investment Firm it must mandatorily be granted authorization by the competent authority.
If not followed the regulations ,the sanctions sought by regulatory authorities as a result of fraud and misconduct can be severe, including expulsion, job loss, suspension, significant fines ,and possible criminal charges.
Makrides team of professionals provides a strong defense against allegations of misconduct acting as representatives in disciplinary negations before CySEC and other jurisdictions .If required, our associates also take legal measures against administrative decisions of the safeguard clients interests.